Saturday 12 January 2013

Thirty Things to do Before I'm Thirty...the beginning

Ok, so I'm a 28 year old man living in the Black Country - good job, great family - the best mates in the world. But as I approach that milestone of 30 I've started to reflect on my first 28 years on this mortal coil and think - 'what have I really done?'

So - I recently find myself single and - as people continue to tell me - you can do whatever you want to. It's an interesting thought - but in some ways, I feel like a kid who's been given the keys to the sweet shop of life - I could have some flying saucers, bon bons, liquorice torpedos - even rhubarb and custard. But I've only ever really had wine gums. I like wine gums don't get me wrong, but I guess there's more in the shop. So - wine gums are out - it's time to try new things and step out of that comfort zone.

So - at the grand old age of 28 and a half it's time to step out into the big wide world and experience more of what life has to offer...and all before I'm 30.

Now - I'm no adrenalin junkie so I won't be hurling myself from a plane strapped to some Aussie instructor who's main role is to show everyone else how much cooler he is than you. No - it's my list. It's what I want to do.

I'm not going to list them all in one go (just in case I can't do them and have to make some last minute amendments!) But I'm intending to use this blog to keep track of my journey - and keep a record of all the things I achieve.

I'll also bore whoever wants to listen about Wolves, the things that annoy me in life, maybe a bit of politics - and an eclectic mix of music - all in all, the general musings of a twenty-something.

No comments:

Post a Comment